Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A Banner Day

Yesterday there were scores of Flag Day related articles and stories--too many and too generic to bother bloggin them. But this one from Bangor, Maine stands out. Of course, Dave Martucci is my friend, and is a past president of the North American Vexillological Association.

One of Dave's comments stands out for me. He says that flags are "the shorthand of history." I have found that to be true. My love for flags and my love of history go hand-in-hand. I have certainly found flags to be a great aid to teaching history (as a guest, not as a profession) in Tennessee, as has Dave in Maine.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article on Flags in general and Martucci in particular. And who ever would have thought that Vexiblog would join our flag lexicon? Along with my personal favorite - vexillomnivore - a person who eats up just about anything related to flags.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home